Vettel not Care’s New Friend

Sebastian Vettel does not matter who will be the new tandem at Red Bull Racing next year. Even so, three times Formula 1 champion is claimed to have good relationships with both candidates, ie, Kimi Raikkonen and Daniel Ricciardo.
The German rider said he would accept whatever his decision in choosing a replacement for Mark Webber who moved to Le Mans next year’s Championship.
“I do not care. I have a good relationship with both. Maybe I know Kimi is better than Daniel, but I think he did a good job for a young driver test with RB9 car, “Vettel said.
Vettel also explained that Red Bull Racing is very interested in signing a contract with Lotus Raikkonen finished later this year. He also admitted to not be afraid of having to bertandem with the 2007 world champion.
“If you want to win the world, then it is not an effect, because you have to beat anyone. No matter whether you are a strong team mate or not. At this stage, it is very difficult to judge who is the best. Clearly this is a team decision, I can only give an opinion, “he concluded.

MotoGP legend Enthusiast Follow Suzuka 8-Hours Race

Kevin Schwantz (Foto: ist)

SUZUKA – Event Suzuka 8-Hours Race this weekend ensured full participation of the iron horse jockey legend. One of them former MotoGP champion 1993 season, Kevin Schwantz, who will be riding the Suzuki GSX-R1000.

Not himself, Schwantz Suzuki team participating in will also partner with Yukio Kagayama and World Superbike legend, Noriyuki “Nitro” Haga. Schwantz was looking forward claiming back down in the event that there has been 11 years that followed.

“I’m looking forward to race at the Suzuka 8-Hour with Yukio and on the seat Noriyuki Suzuki GSX-R1000. Suzuka has a special place in my heart because I won my first 500cc Grand Prix here, “said Schwantz.

“The last time I took an eight-hour event was in 1992 with Doug Chandler and we could not finish the race due to mechanical problems. With only two riders, it will be difficult physically. Now with three riders and still be heavy for me though not as before, “he added.

“I myself have never won at this event and now with my colleagues tough as Yukio and Nori, I think we have a chance to win it,” Schwantz closed, as quoted by Crash, Thursday (25/07/2013).

Suzuka 8-Hours Event Race time will be followed by 63 riders and expected, Suzuka will be met 80 thousand fans at the final session, Saturday (07/27/2013) future. Last year, the event was won by a trio of Jonathan Rea, Kosuke Akiyoshi and Tadayuki Okada that carries the FCC TSR Honda team.

NBL Players Open Trade in the Middle Season

Surabaya – It’s laid out three series, opening NBL clubs contestants the opportunity to exchange players (trade) in the middle of the season.

In a press statement received by the editorial detiksport, Wednesday (08/02/2012), PT Detection Basketball Cross (DBL) as the organizer NBVL explained about trade policy in the middle of the season.

Mentioned that each team has the right to exchange a maximum of three players with the system ‘one to one’. Players that can be exchanged is rated 9-17 players in each team. The player rating is based on statistics up to the end of the Series III in Palembang.

According to the Implementing Regulations Flexi NBL Indonesia 2011-2012, this player trade period lasts seven days before the convening Series IV in Denpasar, February 18 to 26.

Each team will use that right must notify the league and all the other teams, before the trade was closed on February 17. If there is no confirmation, the team considered not take advantage of that right.

“Strength in Flexi NBL team this season more evenly. Competition tight. Leveraging trade window could increase the chances of achieving their targets. However, the period is quite short. Hopefully this is not even a blunder,” said Yondang Tubangkit, basketball operations manager DBL Indonesia PT.

Milan Reject Samp For Niang

AC Milan reported to have rejected a proposal from another Italian club Sampdoria in an attempt to get M’Baye Niang this summer.
Previous word got out that the young French striker will join Bluerchiati in summer more often in order to get a chance to play in the first team.
But the latest news is mentioned M’Baye Niang will remain at San Siro this season going into the squad because of the need for a return to Milan in the Champions Champins through qualifying.

NBA Rumors: Analyzing Latest Chatter Throughout the Association

As the NBA‘s free-agency period starts to wind down with many of the big names accounted for, there are still some interesting options out on the market, whether it be a couple of sharpshooters or a two-time NBA champion.

Teams are still hoping for some legitimate talent to sign with them as they finalize their 2013-14 rosters, whether it be veteran help or an undrafted rookie who took the summer league by storm.

Here’s a look at the latest chatter throughout the Association, complete with analysis.

Spurs’ Gary Neal to Become Unrestricted Free Agent?

After signing former Chicago Bulls guard Marco Belinelli to a two-year deal in June, the San Antonio Spurs are reportedly set to withdraw their qualifying offer to Gary Neal and let the 28-year-old walk, according to Marc Stein of ESPN.com.

The interest in Neal should stretch throughout the NBA, from contenders to rebuilding teams. The three-year pro has shot 40 percent from beyond the arc and 82 percent from the free-throw line in his career.

Adding to Neal’s intrigue is the fact that he played better defensively in 2012-13. After opposing point guards registered a PER of 21.3 against him in 2011-12, according to82games.com, they registered a PER of 15.5 against him last season.

That’s not great, but it is a noticeable improvement.

If anything, Neal can space the floor, which is always valuable.

Clippers to Re-Sign Lamar Odom?

According to Arash Markazi of ESPN LA, the Los Angeles Clippers are still interested in signing free-agent forward Lamar Odom.

Earlier in the month, Mike Bresnahan and Melissa Rohlin of the Los Angeles Times reported that Odom was deciding between the Clippers and Los Angeles Lakers, who both offered him $1.4 million.

Odom averaged 4.0 points and 5.9 rebounds while shooting 40 percent from the floor in 20 minutes per game last season. He ranked well below the league average in PER among forwards who averaged at least 15 minutes per game, via Hoopdata.com.

While that’s not exactly eye-opening, there aren’t many other options on the market to back up Blake Griffin at this point.

Rookie guard Ian Clark went undrafted this year, despite averaging 18.2 points while shooting 54 percent from the floor and 46 percent from beyond the arc in his senior season at Belmont.

Now, after he posted 33 points against the Phoenix Suns in the Las Vegas Summer League championship game, he’s reportedly drawing heavy interest throughout the NBA, according to Jeff Zillgitt of USA Today Sports.

According to Zillgitt, the Golden State Warriors, Portland Trail Blazers and Utah Jazz are interested in the 6’3″ combo guard.

In seven games with the Warriors in Las Vegas, Clark averaged 12.4 points while shooting 48 percent from the field and 49 percent from beyond the arc. Against the Suns, he posted 33 points while going 12-of-19 from the floor and 7-of-10 from three-point range.

Before that, he averaged 16.4 points (ranked sixth) while shooting 48 percent from the field in five games with the Miami Heat in the Orlando Summer League.

One thing’s for sure: Ian Clark knows how to drop buckets. He also knows how to defend, averaging 2.2 steals in Orlando and 1.1 steals in Vegas while playing strong man-to-man defense.

So, why wasn’t he drafted?

Well, there is the matter of his size. At 6’3″, there are concerns about plopping him into the shooting guard role. He may have trouble finishing against the more physical players in the league.

But, given the way he shot the ball and defended this summer, it’s hard to imagine an NBA team not picking him up now.

Who said summer league didn’t mean anything?

Assou-Ekotto: It’s Sad to See FECAFOOT Suspended

Indomitable lions defender, Benoit Assou-Ekotto has told Reuters Cameroon’s suspension from international football by FIFA because of alleged government interference in the country’s football federation will be resolved.
“It is sad to see the Cameroon federation in this kind of situation but I’m sure the problem will be solved soon and we will hopefully qualify for the World Cup,” the Tottenham Hotspur left back told the London based international news agency Friday.

The temporal ban imposed by the world’s football governing body came soon after Cameroon learned they would top the qualifying group because Togo fielded an ineligible player against them.

It’s feared that if the ban is not lifted by September 6 Cameroon will not be able to play their final game against Libya and may be expelled from the qualification process for the 2014 finals in Brazil.

Assou-Ekotto, 29, who joined Tottenham in 2006 from Lens, told Reuters he was happy at White Hart Lane despite local media speculation that he might soon leave the club.

Asked about his future, he said: “When you spend seven years somewhere it is obvious you are happy there. I am not a man who likes to swap his team every two or three years and the club is a part of my world. I want to stay at Tottenham.”
Assou-Ekotto, known for his forthright opinions and social conscience, believes there is more to life than football and said it was important to give back to communities.

Assou-Ekotto is expected in Cameroon on Monday July 8, with a charity that is helping to save the sight of millions. “I want to help people to have a better life,” he said, before heading for a remote village to administer the 250 millionth treatment for river blindness for the international development organisation Sightsavers.

“As footballers we have a chance to do things that can save the life of someone and by this treatment we can help someone to enjoy life. I’d never heard of this treatment before and it will be a fantastic experience for me to go and learn about them.”

The World Health Organisation estimates that 37 million people are infected by river blindness – or onchocerciasis – in Africa with over 300,000 people already blinded by the disease. It is transmitted through the bite of a black fly, which breeds in fast-flowing water.

Greg Rutherford ruled of Anniversary Games through injury

Greg Rutherford

Olympic long jump champion Greg Rutherford has pulled out of next weekend’s Anniversary Games in London because of injury.

The 26-year-old has not competed since pulling his right hamstring at the Diamond League meet in Paris on 6 July.

But he said he still hoped to be fit for next month’s World Championships in Moscow, and has been given more time – until 30 July – to recover.

Rutherford said: “I’m working as hard as I can.”

The Englishman was not named in the GB team announced this week for the Worlds, which start on 10 August.

British Athletics performance director Neil Black, who has said the Olympic champion does not have to compete prior to Moscow in order to prove his fitness, will pick between Rutherford and Chris Tomlinson.

The Anniversary Games is a three-day meeting being held at London’s Olympic Stadium between 26-28 July. It marks a year since the opening ceremony of the 2012 Olympic Games.

Rutherford had been hoping to compete alongside British team-mates Mo Farah and Jessica Ennis-Hill, who is also struggling with an ankle injury, on the second day.

The trio all claimed gold medals within an hour of each other on 4 August, which became known as ‘Super Saturday’, in one of the most memorable moments of the Games.

Jakarta PLN beated by Petrokima Gresik

Petrochemicals Gresik team win the fight without foreign players to beat last year’s finalist Jakarta Electric PLN on an advanced BSI Proliga volleyball competition which took place in the Basketball Hall Karno Stadium, Jakarta, Saturday (16/2).
Petrochemical beat PLN 3-1 (25-16, 25-20, 25-27, 25-21). Both teams are yet to be strengthened foreign players in the game because they have not finished Kitas.
Petrochemicals, which has not even reached the title despite being a regular participant since the first was held Proliga (2002), started the match very well.
However, PLN, which has collected 3 titles, rose in the third set. Former national team libero Berllian action through service Marsheilla lompatnya catapulted points PLN. Seven points gained through her first service game. At that time, PLN behind 2-3. Thanks Berllian service, last year’s finalists were leading 9-3 away.
Petro, who rely on young players surrogate, could eventually catch up. Novia Andriyani, also appear attractive and smash through lompatnya service. Once the numbers chase stopped when PLN closed the third set with 27-25.
“We recently joined together. The new team playing together less than a month, let alone some PLN players, new players, while Petro players have been training together for a long time, “said Berllian.
Men’s team also suffered defeat PLN. Banks face tournament favorite Sumselbabel Palembang, PLN to its knees in three straight sets, 0-3 (18-25, 20-25, 22-25).
The two teams both have reinforced two foreign players. Only two players Sumselbabel Bank, Raydel Poey Romero and Maxwell Burt, have been training together since two months ago, while two foreign players PLN, Diogo Capolari Chiapetti and Edinho Edison Candido, new this week practicing with his colleagues.
“The fighting spirit children should be appreciated. However, children are still often throw jump serve, “said coach Palembang Bank Sumselbabel, Mashudi.
According to PLN coach, Viktor Laiyan, team work his team has not yet appeared. It was due to train with his team recently. “Today we toser also not optimal, it’s one of the weaknesses in the match,” said Viktor.

Doping involved, Tyson Gay Adidas Hanging Contract

Tyson Gay. (Foto: Reuters)

MIAMI – World athletics shocked by the news that sprinter Tyson Gay claimed involved the use of doping. Adidas is sponsoring runners from the U.S., decided to hang up his contract.

Reported previously, with Gay Asafa Powell are two of the six runners who tested positive in a doping test that took place in Jamaica. Adidas as sponsor Gay admitted surprise at the news.

“We were very surprised by these allegations and even if and even if we assume he is innocent until proven otherwise, we contract with Gay currently hanging,” said a spokesman for Adidas.

Adidas agreement with the athletes give the German company the freedom to terminate the contract, “If it is proven the athlete convicted of possession or use of drugs or other controlled substances by the sports agency that has jurisdiction over the athlete.”

Keep in mind, Gay has partnered with Adidas since 2005. Previously, 30-year-old runner has denied the allegations. Consequently, Gay had to be absent from the world championship run that will take place in Moscow.

“I do not have a story of sabotage. I also do not lie. I basically trust someone and have let me down, “he concluded, as reported Emirates247, Tuesday (07/16/2013).

Marussia Switch to Ferrari Engine in 2014 season

PAPHOTO4 469598 468x311 Marussia Beralih ke Mesin Ferrari Musim 2014

ANBURY (DP) – Marussia F1 Team announced it would switch to using a Ferrari engine along with the change in engine regulations in 2014. Team based in Banbury, England, this was going to wear ERS, transmission components and all supporters of the Italian manufacturer.
Since the entry into F1 with Virgin Racing name in 2010, the team operates with the smallest budget in the grid using artificial Cosworth engine. Because of the lack of clarity about the Cosworth will provide 1.6 V6 Turbo engine for next year, Marussia decides to switch to Ferrari.
With Marussia’s announcement, which means there will be two teams on the grid in 2014 (Sauber and Marussia) using Ferrari engines. While Toro Rosso Ferrari engine wear since 2007, will switch to Renault engines next season.
“We look forward to working with the Scuderia Ferrari F1 competition in the new era. We are grateful to Cosworth who have partnered with us since our debut season in 2010, “said CEO of Marussia, Andy Webb.
With the announcement of Ferrari as engine provider, Marussia will likely retain its main driver Jules Bianchi as next season. Bianchi is the rider of the young rider development program Ferrari Driver Academy.