Antonelli Killed in Accident at Supersport

Antonelli Tewas dalam Kecelakaan di Supersport  

Moscow – Grief enveloped Italian racing world. Foreign riders who participated in the Pizza World Supersport event, Andrea Antonelli, died after suffering a severe accident at the race in Moscwa Raceway, Sunday, July 21, 2013.
Kecalakan that struck Antonelli happened in the last corner on the first lap. In the slippery track conditions due to heavy rain, Antonelli lost control of his motorcycle to fall. After that, his head hit the motor co sekompatriotnya, Lorenzo Zanetti. “Three riders were injured and one of them from Italy died of injuries suffered,” said local police spokesman told reporters.
Antonelli was immediately taken to the medical center that is in the circuit. The medical team did not want to bring Antonelli to a nearby hospital by helicopter because it does not want to take the risk. Because the injury is severe enough Antonelli. Goeleven Kawasaki rider was dead at 2 pm local time.
FIM, Dorna, and YMS Promotion and decided to stop all activities scheduled on that day. »All the people involved in this championship deepest condolences to the Antonelli family, friends, team, and the Italian Federation over this tragic incident,” the official statement FIM.
Antonelli became the second driver from Italy who died in the World Supersport Championship. Previously, Marco Simoncelli died when following the race at the Malaysian GP in October two years ago. Lives of the Gresini Honda team rider drifted after his head hit the motor and close friend Colin Edwards, Valentino Rossi.

Ben Spies Pessimistic Can Go Faster

Ben Spies. (Foto: Daylife)

BOLOGNA – Ben Spies said that he would come back down to race with Pramac Ducati at Indianapolis MotoGP series on 16-18 August, Spies admitted that his condition was in good condition.

Spies has indeed been absent long enough after a severe shoulder injury since the accident at the Malaysian MotoGP series 2012. Spies who had been absent for seven series this season admitted injury had recovered.

“For the first time in months, I felt very happy because my shoulder in a very good condition. Decision is best right back in the moment. Doctors say that my recovery goes according to plan, so I wanted to get back at Indy with conditions 100 percent, “he said.

Spies who resigned from the Yamaha Factory Racing at the end of last year, not sure I can achieve good results in his debut later. The reason, he has gone through a lot of races this season.

“I missed so many races, and I do not ever be 100 percent. Now I am more confident about my recovery. However I am not sure I can directly go fast, since I had not been driving,” he said as reported by MCN.

About his future, Spies admits she still has a contract until 2014 with the Ducati satellite team. He also just want to focus and not think about the race will move to gossip today.

“There are so many rumors about what I would do in the future, but I just laugh to read it all on the internet. Obviously, I was ready to back away,” he concluded.

Crutchlow: This Season Worst

CALIFORNIA – Cal Crutchlow still regrets the MotoGP series raihannya in the United States, last week. In fact, the Tech 3 Yamaha rider feel this as his worst season.

In the last race at Laguna Seca, Sunday (07/21/2013), Crutchlow was only able to finish in seventh place. Drivers who are rumored to be moving to the Ducati was sorry to have to throw away the useless points.

“This is a very difficult situation. I feel really happy because I had to give up valuable points. This really is the worst season for me, “said Crutchlow as reported by the official MotoGP website.

The result leaves British rider finishing fifth MotoGP standings, which stood at 116 points. Therefore, Crutchlow will again focus on the race at Indianapolis after the break vacation.

“Now I have to look forward, one month is enough to rest before heading to Indianapolis” he concluded.

Shareholders Still Supports F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone

Majority shareholder of the Formula One Group, CVC, choose to “watch and wait” bribery-related cases being attacked President and CEO of F1, Bernie Ecclestone.

Previously, German prosecutors indict Ecclestone bribery. The charges relate to the payment of 44 million U.S. dollars to a German banker, Gerhard Gribkowsky, from Bayern Landesbank (BayernLB) related to the sale of shares of Formula 1. Ecclestone party has six weeks to respond, since the indictment was launched last week.

Last week also, CVC issued a formal statement will monitor this case. This week, the source of the CVC told the Daily Telegraph that they support the 82-year-old British entrepreneur is.

Suppose after going through the legal process he is proven guilty, Ecclestone leadership must be willing to remove the seat. The next question is, who is the best candidate to fill the position place?

Sources Daily Telegraph stated that Ecclestone replacement will likely come from outsiders. Formula 1 currently has 313 staff and 10 senior managerial positions. None of them are worthy to replace Ecclestone.

“This business is too small to have a replacement candidate from within. Successor will almost certainly come from outside,” said the source.

Red Bull Racing boss Christian Horner is one of the so-called replacement candidate Ecclestone. However, most of the names come from the world outside of F1, including Sainsbury’s CEO Justin King and former M & S boss Sir Stuart Rose.

“I do not know if companies such as Sainsbury’s boss could do my job. Maybe he could,” Ecclestone told the Guardian newspaper last April, when the King entered the name as a candidate.

However, it seems that the shareholders are not in a hurry to find a replacement candidate.

“The reality is that Bernie is running a business and he is much better understand what was going on than us,” continued the source of the CVC. “We clearly have an important role for our shareholders, but we do not run this business, day after day, in detail.”

Out of Africa to Tour champion, Froome completes journey

 PARIS (Reuters) – As softly-spoken off the bike as he is brutal on his machine, Chris Froome completed a long journey out of Africato claim his maiden Tour de France on the Champs-Elysees on Sunday.

 As much as kids from Kilburn, London, are not supposed to win the Tour, as 2012 champion Bradley Wiggins would say, kids from Kenya are not supposed to prevail on the French roads either.

 “I’d like my performances here to help inspire a lot of youngsters, especially young Africans. They have to believe they can get out of Africa to make it to European teams,” the 28-year-old Froome said.

This is exactly what Froome, born in Kenya of British descent and schooled in South Africa, did.

 He started riding at 17 with local cycling coach David Kinjah in the highlands of Nairobi and in 2006, took part in the Under-23 world championships representing Kenya.

It was hardly an auspicious beginning – crashing into a policeman on the first bend of the time trial event.

Froome joined the Barloworld team in 2008 and rode his first Tour de France, finishing 84th and with little hope of one day winning the world’s greatest cycling race.

 “The first time that I thought that ‘ok, realistically I could become a GC (general classification) rider to contend in grand Tours was during the 2011 Vuelta,” said Froome, who joined the well-oiledTeam Sky in 2010.

“Up until then I was finding it difficult to keep my performances high for three weeks. The Vuelta 2011 gave me the confidence that I do belong to the group of riders who belong in front of the general classification.”

Froome, first described by Sky principal Dave Brailsford as “a rough diamond, in need of shaping and polishing”, worked for team leader Wiggins at the Vuelta in 2011 and still managed to finish ahead of him.

“When I very first joined Team Sky they asked me what my aspirations were,” said Froome.

“I set goals. Short, long-term goals. Being able to target the Tour was one of the long-term goals.

“I work pretty well within Team Sky’s system. I’m independent but I also enjoy structure, routine, that’s what team Sky is about. They offer a structure for the riders. They have everything planned.”

 Froome, the first man since Eddy Merckx in 1970 to win at top of the iconic Mont Ventoux with the yellow jersey on his shoulders, was made to wait as he matured as a rider in the shadow of Wiggins, who last year became the first Briton to win the Tour de France.

Behind him was Froome, who expressed frustration in the mountains, where he seemed able to beat his leader. But team orders are team orders, and Froome reluctantly obeyed.

With no Wiggins this year, the Briton absent as he recovers from illness and injury, Froome quickly set about making his mark.

SUMMIT VICTORY

On the first summit finish at Ax-3-Domaines in the Pyrenees, Froome soloed to victory in awe-inspiring fashion and never surrendered the yellow jersey, despite suffering in the queen stage to l’Alpe d’Huez.

“The worst moment was on l’Alpe d’Huez when I could feel I was completely flat on energy and it’s a horrible feeling,” he said.

“When you have no more fuel left in your body and you see the sign 5 kilometers to go and you know it’s uphill, it’s something tough to get through mentally but thankfully I had (team mate) Richie Porte with me.”

Froome is eager for more glory.

“Personally I think the Tour de France has to be the pinnacle of our cycling calendar, it’s the most sought-after victory,” he said.

“Having said that the decision would be very much based on the parcours, on how suited it is to me, to my other team mates. But I’d love to come back targeting the tour every year.”

A fantastic climber and an excellent time trialist, Froome will most likely be pleased with the route of the 2014 Tour, which will start from Leeds.

“It has been a fast progression for me. I’ve learnt so much but I still have improvements to make in my climbing, my time trialing, my descending,” he said.

“But I can’t tell you what the future holds. I have been a pro for five years only.”

O’Grady asked to quit Olympic role after EPO admission

MELBOURNE (Reuters) – The Australian Olympic Committee(AOC) has called on cyclist Stuart O’Grady to step down from its Athletes’ Commission after he admitted using performance-enhancing drugs at the 1998 Tour de France.

 O’Grady, who announced his retirement this week, told a newspaper on Wednesday that he had used the banned blood-booster erythropoietin (EPO) before the notorious 1998 Tour, where he became only the second Australian to wear the yellow jersey.

 AOC secretary-general Craig Phillips contacted O’Grady by e-mail asking for his immediate resignation from the 10-member advisory body, the AOC said on Thursday.

 “Members of our London Olympic team, who elected Stuart to theAthletes’ Commission, are entitled to be angry knowing they had supported an athlete who had cheated,” AOC president John Coates said in a statement.

“Athletes’ Commission members are chosen for their qualities of integrity and leadership and by his admission Stuart does not deserve to be a member of that group.”

 A report by a French Senate inquiry released on Wednesday found the top three finishers at the 1998 tour – Italian Marco Pantani, Germany’s Jan Ullrich and American Bobby Julich – were among 18 riders who had tested positive for EPO.

The 1998 race was overshadowed by the scandal involving the Festina team, who were kicked off the race after a medical team member was arrested at the French border and customs officers seized banned substances.

O’Grady was listed by the French Senate report among 12 riders whose tests were said to be “suspicious” but he confirmed using EPO to the Adelaide Advertiser, insisting he had acted alone in sourcing it.

O’Grady announced his retirement after helping his GreenEdge team to a team time trial victory in this year’s Tour, saying he wanted to go out on a high despite being expected to race on until 2014.

The Australian team said it supported O’Grady “as a person and an advocate for a clean sport”.

“Like the majority of the riders in his generation, he was also exposed to the issues and wrongdoings of the sport and made some wrong choices in that environment,” the team said in a statement on its website (www.greenedgecycling.com).

“We would like to underline that in all of our interactions with Stuart, he has always been extremely clear about the right path for the sport and we believe that certain mistakes in the past shouldn’t be allowed to tarnish his entire career and his integrity as a person.”

Cycling Australia also declined to condemn O’Grady, blaming the era and the European “environment”.

“The late 1990’s was clearly a dark period in cycling’s international history,” the governing body said in a statement.

“(Australian) Athletes transitioning from the strict anti-doping regimes enforced under the domestic … programs were faced with a very different environment when they landed in Europe.”

Coates, though, said the “everybody else was doing it” line was no defense for using banned substances.

 “This was a shameful period for the sport of cycling which has been well documented, that is no excuse for the decision taken by Stuart O’Grady,” he added.

ISSI pengda Jakarta Holds Open Sprint Championship

Pengda ISSI DKI Jakarta Gelar Sprint Open Championship

ISSI pengda Jakarta will hold sprint cycling championships or the Sprint Open Championships in Velodome, Rawamangun, East Jakarta, on 28-29 September to map the strength sprinter sprinter-national.
According to one board member ISSI DKI Jakarta, Inu Febiana, championships conducted ISSI Jakarta to revive the sport of cycling in Jakarta that had been dropped.
“Because of the nature of open so everyone can take part, not just cyclists, cycling enthusiasts and community members can also participate. From this activity we will map out national sprinter sprinter-because there has been no data yet. And for the record in sprint has not been solved for 12 years because no championship is held, “said Inu Febiana on the sidelines of an iftar together at the residence of Sports Promoters who is also chairman of ISSI DKI Jakarta, Raja Sapta Oktohari, in West Housing, Sunday (21/7 ) night.
Inu said that the decline in achievement and interest in bicycle racing lovers in Jakarta due to the lack of a championship that was held in Jakarta.
For that it would hold an Open Sprint Championships event on a regular basis once per three months.
“This activity is also to add a championship so that it can improve the performance of cyclists DKI Jakarta,” he said.
Inu further said that his department has recruited 12 cyclists to tier II to be developed as a professional athlete.
“We’ve cut one generation in the second tier and now we have to get a new best athletes of the selection results.
They are still our coaching to be able to compete in the national and international arena. Our target they can win at the Asian level, “Inu said.
To be able to bring the Indonesian athlete to appear in the world takes time and a lot of fund.
But there are two ways to overcome that cycling championships held in Indonesia that Indonesian athletes could easily collect points.
“As staged event like the Tour or Tour d d Batur Indonesia. However to do so requires funding not less. Another way is to establish a continental team and follow world events,” he said.

Pain resistant, Rafid Topan Touch Finish Line

ASSEN: Rafid Topan, QMMF Racing-sponsored riders have to endure pain Evalube when participating Moto 2 Circuit Assen on Sunday (30.06.13). The pain he suffered after crashing at a training session on Friday morning. With great determination, Typhoon force myself to finish the race.
It worked dilakoninya, despite finishing in the top 28 most distended. “After the accident on Friday, I was in pain. I can not even sleep, I kept waking up because of bruises on the body is very sore. Difficulty I reached a good position because it, too,” he said.
Typhoon itself has fallen in three straight races. Fortunately, this time he could finish the race. “It’s a difficult day, but I am excited to finish the race. Mine plan in the race for the future is to change the style to be more relaxed. I was too depressed at this race. Was not good,” he said.
Better results obtained his colleague, Anthony West. The British rider won the 10th position. He’s competing with Julian Simon and Randy Krummenacher. He was 16 seconds slower than the winner, Pol Espagaro.
“This is not a good result for my position dropped from sixth rank! Bike and I feel pretty fast lap times, but I could not be consistent. I felt faster than the other drivers, but it can not also pass the other drivers,” he said.

Red Bull help Austria Grand Prix seal a Formula One return in an increasingly packed 2014 schedule

A July 6 date was confirmed on Tuesday by Red Bull, the energy drinks company founded by Austrian billionaire Dietrich Mateschitz, which owns the eponymous Red Bull Formula One team and also the Red Bull Ring in Spielberg in the Styrian Alps.

Mateschitz is a close friend of F1 chief executive Bernie Ecclestone.

The Red Bull statement simply said: “Dietrich Mateschitz [Red Bull owner] and Bernie Ecclestone have reached agreement to the effect that Formula 1 will come back to Styria next year.”

The Red Bull Ring, formerly known as the A1-Ring, was mooted as a possible venue to fill the gap left vacant in this calendar by the withdrawal of the New Jersey GP.

Although in the end no deal was struck, Mateschitz has made no secret of his desire to see Formula One return to the circuit. The deal will be taken as a sign of his increasing power and influence.

A beautiful venue, its remote location and lack of infrastructure has counted against it, although Red Bull motorsport advisor Helmut Marko was adamant last winter that such concerns were “nonsense”, arguing that it “managed well enough in the 1970s and 1980s”. It hosted its last race in 2003 before Red Bull revamped it.

The July 6 date has already caused plenty of speculation about what the knock-on effect might be on the rest of the calendar.

With the governing body ruling out a clash with Le Mans 24 Hours (June 14-15) from now onwards, there are plenty of races and few spare weekends. Russia and New Jersey are both due to join the calendar, which could make 22 in total if all 19 from this season survive.

Added to the return of in-season testing, and winter testing starting earlier than usual due to the advent of the 1.6-litre turbo engines, 2014 looks like being the longest and busiest season in Formula One history.

Honda’s Casey Stoner will wear As a Test Rider

casey stoner 460x306 Honda akan Pakai Casey Stoner Sebagai Test Rider

Honda Racing Corporation will ensure the use of former Honda MotoGP rider Casey Stoner as a test rider. 2 times world champion will test Honda RC213V MotoGP machine at the Twin Ring Motegi circuit, Tochigi.
Stoner will perform 4 times testing there. In addition he will taste the motorcycle racing that will be used by some teams elected in MotoGP 2014.
“Almost 7 months ago I announced his resignation in Valencia and I remain comfortable and happy with the decision to quit racing motorcycles, although sometimes I miss driving a Honda RCV,” said Stoner.
“That is why I am very happy to accept the offer of HRC to do some testing at Motegi this year. I can not wait to drive RCV and find out how he has changed from last year. ”
Testing will take place in the next few months. Stoner will provide advice and input to the R & D Team HRC.